Friday, June 29, 2012

Day 17's activity is to "make a list of 10-12 kinds of work" that blend the three areas Miller talks about (skills and abilities, personality traits, and dreams and passions).  Here are 12 options I came up with.  I did 6 more specific and 6 more general kinds of work
1. Be a homemaker
2. Teach Spanish privately
3. Do an afterschool Spanish program in several schools
4. Be a business developer (culture in business)
5. Teach English in a Foreign country or in America
6. Learn a language
7. Teaching
8. Strategics/Creating New Ideas
9. Coding/Decoding software
10. Culture Decoding
11. Translation
12. Interpreting 

Countdown to the Work I Love questions
1. I'm starting to.  I am competent in many areas and need to develop the work I love.
2. No I don't.
3. Yes, very easily.  Sometimes I struggle because I can see my skills transferring to so many areas I don't know which to pick.
4. Yes.
5. No not yet.  Maybe if I were to pursue ESL or any computer software work. 
6. This is the best question of all the questions in this book so far.  I have asked myself something like this question since grade school.  "Has God given you abilities that do not match your desires?  If so, how can you reconcile those?"  I really don't know the answer to this question.  I feel like this is true in my life. I have a hard time separating my desires out of my skills.  Some things keep coming up over and over again in my life, but I don't know how to make sense of it, are they desires or not.  I'm just going to believe that God doesn't keep us in an I don't know place.  This is really my struggle with a topic the book talked about before about "sanctified ignorance" and "serving God" in a naive way leading to a life out of alignment which I have done.  I want to find the authentic path to a purposeful life.

No comments:

Post a Comment