Thursday, June 28, 2012

Hey guys! I am really struggling with this one.  Obviously, I haven't posted in two days because I have been avoiding it.

I'm not really liking the resume part of the process, I just want to leave it off because I hate thinking about myself and listing my accomplishments because I feel like I can't take credit for them, but I'm now just trying to focus on how I can help others get what they want through my skills.  I'm also focusing on what I like to do. I'm obsessing on making it perfect on the first try but this is a process and I just need to stick to it. 

Here is my New Resume using the appendix resumes as an outline.  My plan is to only work on it for thirty minutes today and then post it to avoid the obsessing.  Yesterday I worked on it for a while and then took a break and did not come back to it because I want it be perfect but I have to let that go and just do something.


Sophia Sizemore
(contact info removed to protect my privacy)

SKILLS SUMMARY
     Over four years of teaching experience.   High language learning ability.  Speaks multiple languages.  Likes ideas and trying new things.  Strong work ethic. Likes helping people.  Committed to life long learning.

QUALIFICATIONS
Leadership
Directed a summer program with duties including hiring staff, scheduling field trips and classroom visitors, training new staff, and leading team meetings.  Planned the daily, weekly and monthly schedule for the teachers as well as students.
Innovation
Created and pilot tested an introduction to Spanish program for preschoolers.  Program started as an after school elective and was adopted into the morning curriculum and taught for several years.  Created the "Staff Review" where teachers could comment on the good things they saw other teachers doing, and one teacher would win a monthly prize. 
Technical Ability
Studied abroad in Spain and France gaining an experiential knowledge of Spanish and French.  Currently studying Chinese (Mandarin).  Know basic elements of German, Hebrew, and Persian.   

PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
(removed to protect my privacy)

EDUCATION
(removed to protect my privacy)

REFERENCES
Available upon request

Thirty minutes is up so I'm going to stop.  I was thinking about it just now and I think my problem is that since I'm an ideas person, ideas just come into my head and I don't feel like I can take credit for them.  What's funny is that sometimes I don't take credit for "bad ideas" either.  But I'm a paradox because sometimes I do take credit for my ideas, like when I feel good about my idea working or someone praises me for a good idea, or if I get upset when someone uses my idea and says it like they were the one who had it.  Also I do take credit sometimes for "bad ideas" like when I broke my shoulder after I had the idea to jump like I was a figure skater when I was on roller blades...

I'm embarrassed because many of my ideas have been very successful and I don't feel like I can take credit for them because I feel like ideas are a gift. 

Do you think you can take credit for ideas?

1 comment:

  1. Sophia,
    Love that you set a time limit for working on the resume. You can do anything for 30 minutes.

    ReplyDelete